UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gemini1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76419  
Subject: A meeting with the WISE Date: 7/14/1999 10:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello all Fools,
I met with one of the Wise last nite to discuss my mother in laws portfoilo..She is 75 and has about 250,000 in assets. Anyway...some of the things he told me I could not believe. He said no one should ever put money in a childs name, since it is more difficult to access grant and loan money for college..
When I told him I had a drip for my grandson he said it was not a good idea..
Also-- he belives in load funds over no loads, since he claims that fund managers have access to info about the funds before we do and everyone should have their money professionally managed. I have been doing my own portfolio for abour 7 years and I am doing fine...I read everything and am very careful.
I realize I have been investing within a bull market but everyone's situation is different with regards to how much risk they can tolorate.
He did seem knowlegable and is a CPA but I do not agree with alot of what he said..
Well -- i have more to say on this and some questions but I will post it at another time..
Debbie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement