Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121918  
Subject: Re: New kitty intigration issues Date: 12/19/2013 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
A month later and we have moved on to letting Juju sleep where ever at night. This means he doesn't have to be put away and it means that Princess has to just be aware he is around at night.

It's actually been pretty good. He has two places that are 'his'. The GF's room is his safe place that he will bolt to if he feels like it. He will also crash out in there if things too noisey for him. The second place is, ironically, the teen's room. We have a room set aside for when the teen comes to stay and I would not have thought she'd been in there enough for him to realize it. But he has chosen that room for the windows and the futon to sleep on.

Princess has let him have it, but she has kept her claim on the study and on the master bedroom.

She is much more bold (relatively for a timid cat) in coming down to the main floor for going outside, for making sure I am aware she's around, for stealing Juju's food. She still retreats upstairs and won't actually lay down on the main floor.

I did watch the litter box for a while once we allowed Juju to figure out where he fit. But Princess seems to be ok with him using the one upstairs, so that was ok. I just wish she would go back to using hte ones in the garage again. My whole adult cat living with life, kitty litter stays in the garage and the cats just have to suffer the walk down the stairs and into cold garage to do their stuff. I moved a box upstairs when Sable was in his last days, but it went back down stairs after he passed. We moved one upstairs after Juju moved in, and now Princess (her name is earned remember) has decided she doesn't need to go down two flights of stairs anymore. Sigh.

So all in all, we are doing pretty good. Not 'integrated' and very far away from liking each other. But at least they have figured out some routines and are not actively trying to hunt each other.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement