UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: pinkbrain One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176761  
Subject: A Muslim's thoughts Date: 9/12/2001 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 330
Hello everyone,

My name is Ilyas Mohammed and I mostly post on the AMD board. I wanted to post yesterday, but did not as I was not sure how a Muslim's comments would be taken during your initial shock and grief.

What can I say? I could not believe it when my wife told me that world trade towers have collapsed. I thought she was surely mistaken. I saw it on TV, and I did not want to believe it. I changed channels and slowly I realized it is true. I could not speak.

Offering condolences is nice but they are only words. How can this horrible crime be done by anyone? And if the so-called Muslims have done this, I hang my head in shame. How can someone who believes in God and His punishment do this? The fireball they created that killed innocents is nothing compared to the fire in Hell.

I am in a quandary as to what to do. Short term, I can donate blood, but I have heard many threats against Muslims and rumors of actual attacks. I don't want to create tension by presenting myself at Red Cross where many volunteers are there to help and are full of grief.

Long term is where Muslims have to respond. The ball is in our court. If we want to live in this country, we have to provide assurance to our host country that this is not going to happen again. Even though it is only a handful of criminals who are responsible for this crime, the price is too high. We have to work closely with everyone including the political system, FBI, justice system, immigration and local officials to create an awareness and transparency that would sift out and bring to light those elements that are capable of these actions. This may require Muslims and their organizations giving up some of their privacy, but this is a small price to pay to win back the confidence of our fellow Americans. even though the above are only my thoughts, I know all the Muslim organizations are shocked by this event and are willing to do whatever is necessary.

Among many of the wonderful sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), one of them that comes to mind is that he said, "He is not a believer, He is not a believer, He is not a believer, by whose actions his neighbors do not feel safe." I feel that some people with Muslim names have not only made their neighbors feel unsafe but have killed them in a very horrendous fashion.

I seek guidance and strength from God to make this world a place where His creatures can live in understanding and peace and seek frogiveness from the victims and their families and everyone that was affected by this crime.

Ilyas Mohammed
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement