Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445701  
Subject: A new Obama? Date: 11/15/2012 10:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Watching the video of his press conference makes me feel so relieved that we elected a fair, balanced, articulate and intelligent person as President, rather than the cardboard poly-headed grovelling empty suit that ran against him. It will be a pleasure & pride to watch a quality President representing us for the next four years.

But maybe he will be tougher this time around. Rather than all the bipartisan compromise blah blah, he kept saying he was elected to help the middle class and that's what he will do. Subtle but seems to imply taking a tougher line. Gee I hope so.

Best of all was how he tore into Graham and McCain making them look as small, bitter and partisan as they are - as they vowed to make Susan Rice into a Watergate. Watch starting at the 28 min 20 second point:
http://www.nytimes.com/video/2012/11/14/us/politics/10000000...

Obama kept the perfect emotional balance - angry, but still in control of himself.

The only fly in the ointment is now having to deliver on that promise to meet with Romney. He didnt have to do that. Romney has no constituency, he's the walking dead now as far as the Right is concerned. Their devil's deal was strictly business. Since the deal failed, the Right has tossed Romney into the wastebasket just like they toss peanuts to monkeys.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 413065 of 445701
Subject: Re: A new Obama? Date: 11/15/2012 11:26 AM
Recommendations: 0
The only fly in the ointment is now having to deliver on that promise to meet with Romney.

Assuming Romney wants to. Frankly, I think it's unlikely that he does. Brand GOP wouldn't want him to anyways. Fraternizing with the enemy, you know.

--FY

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 413082 of 445701
Subject: Re: A new Obama? Date: 11/15/2012 4:13 PM
Recommendations: 0
The only fly in the ointment is now having to deliver on that promise to meet with Romney.

Assuming Romney wants to. Frankly, I think it's unlikely that he does. Brand GOP wouldn't want him to anyways. Fraternizing with the enemy, you know.

dunno.... a meeting with Romney at WhiteHouse strikes me as about as relevant as meeting the superBowl loser ...
.... or an Oscar™ also-ran.

Author: Adenovir Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 413225 of 445701
Subject: Re: A new Obama? Date: 11/18/2012 12:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hopefully the cleaning staff will be up to the task of washing away the "stench of Romney" after he leaves.

-Adenovir

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement