No. of Recommendations: 0
When I first arrived in Phuket, me and my GF went to a tour operator and my girlfriend insisted that we go to something called Simon's Cabaret.

My GF was once a Bali dancer and Cabaret Dancer in Indonesia. If you ever go to some place like Bali and go see a Bali dancing show then this is what you will see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPfukurJdw

That is a extremely difficult dance and takes many years to learn. A lot of the difficulty in Bali Dancing is in the head and eye movements. Check out the subtle movements of the heads on these dancers. Those movements are very subtle and difficult to learn.

My GF had learned to move like that under one of the best dance instructors in Indonesia. If you had gone to Jakarta or Bali maybe 15 years ago and seen a show, it is likely you might have seen my current GF dance.

Well, my GF is sort of hooked into the Indonesian entertainment industry. She has been on Indo TV before doing things like hosting the Indo version of a MTV type show. She is a dancer in the background of many famous Indo artists....

Where ever you go in the world entertainers can be a odd lot full of characters. In the Indo entertainment industry there is the presence of what many call Lady-boys. Even though, Indonesia is a Muslim country, there is a big population of Lady-boys that exist in Jakarta.....many of them surrounding the entertainment industry.

My girlfriend knows many of them in Jakarta. Ok, guys.....don't be scared off now but there are many lady boys in Asia that look better than some real women.

Here is a picture of a girl my Indo girlfriend claims is a friend. Her name is Julia Perez:

http://beautyphotos.blog.dada.net/post/626550/Julia-Perez-Ph...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Perez

I am not sure if the rumors are true or not but there are rumors around Jakarta that Julia Perez was once a guy. My GF was the one that told me about the rumor (which she tends to believe since she knows Julia personally) but even if it is not true, there are lady boys that exist in Asia that look just as good as Julia.

Trust me....many a drunken guy in the nightclubs of Bangkok have made a big mistake only to be discovered when they reached their hotel room....LOL

I don't know why Asia has lots of lady boys but it does and what Simons Cabaret in Thailand does is a lady boy cabaret.

Now, my girlfriend wants to see this show because some of her friends in Jakarta have been to Phuket and brought back pictures. My girlfriend had also seen lady boy shows in Jakarta and liked them so she insisted that we go.

Ok....I had no choice but to follow along or have a vacation ending argument (which might have been good since I am Phuket....you don't want to know what my activities would have been if left to my own devices in Phuket...LOL)

Any way, we go to the show.....I almost fell asleep on the show it was so boring. All the show contained was a bunch of ugly transvestites badly lip-synching recent pop songs and dancing. NOT my cup of tea.

My GF almost fell asleep on the show also. My girlfriend was once in the entertainment industry....She knows a good show from a poor one. I asked her what she thought afterward. She said, "Show suck".

Once we got outside, all of the ugly lady boys were standing outside to take pictures with. My Gf asked me if I wanted a picture. I told her, "What am I go to do with a picture like that?" I am certainly not going to go showing a picture with me and a ugly ladyboy together.

Now, if these lady boys were extremely attractive on the same order as Julia Perez then I would have wanted a picture. I would then show it to guys and listen to them say how beautiful the girl was and they wish they had her.....then I would tell them it is a lady boy. "For real? No way", is what I would hear but a ugly lady boy that put on a boring show is no attraction for me.

Anyone going to Phuket...Don't let your wives, husbands, ot tour operator trick you in into going to this "waste of time" (In my opinion)....I would put this show on AVOID (Unless you really tend to swing that way..LOL)

Starrob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement