UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Re: Top Rated 401k Plans Date: 4/17/2013 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
A point of coincidental interest regarding BrightScope...

One of its co-founders and former board member, Matt Hutcheson, was just found guilty of 17 counts of securities wire fraud involving retirement plans. Note: this is purely coincidental and I don't believe has anything to do with BrightScope and its current leadership.

As a personal note, I knew and coopted several research projects with Matt when he was here in Portland. I always knew the guy to be straight-up and committed to getting to the right answer, and seemed to relish in 'sticking it' to deceptive middlemen. I also know him, as an actuary, to be a bright guy...as most actuaries are.

Reminds me of that line Noah Cross (John Huston) says in 'Chinatown'...

..."most people never have to face the fact that at the right time and the right place, they're capable of ANYTHING."....

scary stuff.

BruceM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement