UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736601  
Subject: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/12/2012 4:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://5440fight.com/2012/11/11/5440fight-exclusive-sandy-st...

While FEMA hasn’t helped much, private individuals have come forward to provide emergency assistance. ”You know what? You know who has been of help? I can tell you right now it’s the American People that’s been the one’s who have helped,” he explains. According to Gowan one wealthy individual came forward to donate an entire tractor trailer truck of emergency generators to the town. “It didn’t come from the Government let’s put it this way,” Gowan explains stiffly.

This is just one example of how the plight of those injured by Sandy has been ignored by the mainstream media, and how Barrack Obama has not been held accountable to the same standards George W. Bush was in wake of Hurricane Katrina. Gowan becomes obviously emotional when he talks about the Government’s reaction to his pleas for help.

“I believe in the American Flag because number one I served my country … I don’t believe in our Government sometimes. I took my flags down because of the storm, but it’s back up [sic]. I believe in that flag. There’s a lot of things I don’t believe in but I believe in that flag.”

How are folks getting by? Gowan explains: ”We’re a tight knit community here and we are helping each other out.”
----------------------------------------------------
He's got alot of views for it. He interviews a Vietnam vet, that's who "Gownan" is.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654835 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/12/2012 5:16 PM
Recommendations: 11
It's absolutely disgraceful how the Sandy tragedy has been covered by the media. Why so little coverage? Because they don't want their boy Obama to be seen in a bad light. Since Chris Christy is the "I tell it like it is" type, I expect him to report TRUTHFULLY how it's going in his state, which is NOT WELL.

Last night on "60 Minutes," they profiled the efforts of the residents of Belle Harbor, NY to cope. Not lookin' too good for NObama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57548132/after-sandy-d...

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654859 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/12/2012 7:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
It could also be because folks are burned out on the coverage.

What, are some expecting Obama and the taxpayers to 'rebuilt' everything the way it was? Build back the community in a flood plain six feet above sea level that will get wiped out again in the next big one?

or Obama out there stringing electric wires himself?

I'm sure the weekly magazines will have half the issue devoted to coverage of Sandy.

You can only show so many destroyed houses before folks eyes glaze over. It's the same story in just about every 'shore town' .....and there are 10,000 destroyed houses and 10,000 stories....and 10,000 house owners looking for answers.

Unlike Katrina where many found 'fault' for failed levees...in this case....it was all predictable. A 11 foot wall of water in Manhattan.....14 feet along the Jersey shore with waves on top.....a 'storm surge' which is not unusual...... Much of Long Island was destroyed in the 1932 hurricane. Coney Island was wiped out.

You just built housing for a million people right along the shore and right at six feet above sea level or less.

I'm not sure what the tragedy is, other than building codes allowed it, and still allow folks to rebuild in the same disaster prone areas.

t

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654863 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/12/2012 8:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's hard to keep that guy down (former poster) and he's been through a lot.

arrete

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654915 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/13/2012 10:10 AM
It's hard to keep that guy down (former poster) and he's been through a lot.

arrete

>>>>>>>>

I'm at a loss as to who the former poster is.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654917 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/13/2012 10:15 AM

LD

Me too. I've been on this message board, lurking or posting, since intercst started it in 1999. Who was he?

Mike

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654918 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/13/2012 10:16 AM
----------------------------------------
Boi o boi i can't believe you can't figure it out.

Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654929 of 736601
Subject: Re: A Post From A Certain Poster From The Past Date: 11/13/2012 11:07 AM
Boi o boi

That's fleg's movie buddy? I didn't know, either. Well. He's good.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement