UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308782  
Subject: A Question? Date: 10/24/2002 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If any of you have had "experian" investigate your account, did you have positive results?

coolprash
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SRenaeP Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143696 of 308782
Subject: Re: A Question? Date: 10/24/2002 11:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
If any of you have had "experian" investigate your account, did you have positive results?

coolprash

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but I recently opened an investigation with Experian. They had one of my student loans listed as still owing a balance, when in fact, it was paid off with a consolidation loan. It took a month but they did come back with the correct info. However, that account will remain on my credit report for 10 more years because the investigation reset the clock.

-Steph

Author: chrisdotcom One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143707 of 308782
Subject: Re: A Question? Date: 10/24/2002 2:32 PM
I had something investigated about two years ago. A check that did not clear my bank account in 1996 was listed as outstanding, when in fact I had paid it right away. The matter was cleared up with Experian in just two weeks!

Author: jgenduso1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143855 of 308782
Subject: Re: A Question? Date: 10/26/2002 2:48 AM
I've had good experiences with them.

I disputed on line and 4 out of six things were changed. The second round, for the other two, I sent in a letter with all the info and it was changed on the next report I got from them.

Hope this helps,

Joseph

Author: bloom17 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 146562 of 308782
Subject: Re: A Question? Date: 12/3/2002 12:36 PM
I have had horrendous experience with Experian. They have made many data entry errors on my file. They keep mixing me up with a deadbeat who lives in another state. I have spent untold hours on the phone trying to unscramble the mess. As soon as I get it straightened out and once again see a clean report THEY DO IT AGAIN !! Or they re-instate the erroneous information. I've maintained perfect credit for the past 30 plus years. I do not deserve to be slandered and vilified. My next step is to resort to legal action. Anybody want to join me?

Author: Leviathan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 146563 of 308782
Subject: Re: A Question? Date: 12/3/2002 12:40 PM
Recommendations: 1
I have had horrendous experience with Experian. They have made many data entry errors on my file. They keep mixing me up with a deadbeat who lives in another state. I have spent untold hours on the phone trying to unscramble the mess. As soon as I get it straightened out and once again see a clean report THEY DO IT AGAIN !! Or they re-instate the erroneous information. I've maintained perfect credit for the past 30 plus years. I do not deserve to be slandered and vilified. My next step is to resort to legal action. Anybody want to join me?

Honestly, it's probably not Experian you should be mad at. What happens at a lot of banks is that they auto-report their data to the credit bureaus every quarter or so. Imagine that one of the debts being listed erroneously is from Citibank. This is what happens:

1) bloom17 challenges entry on credit report
2) Experian - backed up in work, deletes the entry
3) Citibank reports late payment to Experian
4) Entry shows up again
5) bloom17 mad

To get the item off the report permanently, you probably need to go to the source (Citibank) and make them stop reporting it incorrectly. Ultimately, depending on the stupidity of Citibank, you may have to resort to legal action but I hope not...

Leviathan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement