UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: JWW2 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 253284  
Subject: Re: SoWR and New Relative Value Screen Date: 2/10/2013 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A quick answer on parameters. In an earlier version of the screen, I had Negative Values where one might expect positive one. I had -27*ROA where ROA was based on roay1.s percentile rank and -11*CR which was based on curry1.s percentile. My best guess is that a SoWR screen is very similar to multiple regression equation and this screen has a multicollinearty problem. Some of the independant variables are highly correlated and this will cause the tuned parameters to differ fom their expected values even to the extent of sign reversal. So the tuned parameters may be misleading outside of the model, but the descriptive model as a whole, remains valid.
I cannot provide a link right now (Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to gtr1.backtest.org), and I have guests arriving so I cannot comment further today, but will tomorrow. Thanks for the comments so far.

I would like to hear comments on the above explanation by staticians (or others) on this board.

John W

Happy Chinese New Year!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement