Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gonkar Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121592  
Subject: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/6/2000 5:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is there a more efficient way to record stock trades on Schedule D than hand writing or typing each and every one individually? Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27507 of 121592
Subject: Re: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/6/2000 5:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< Is there a more efficient way to record stock trades on Schedule D than hand writing or typing each and every one individually? >>

Each sale must be listed.

This is one of the places where I recommend tax preparation software. Once you develop a rhythm, it goes quickly.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer

Author: WallyJr One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27512 of 121592
Subject: Re: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/6/2000 6:11 PM
<< Is there a more efficient way to record stock trades on Schedule D than hand writing or typing each and every one individually? >>

Each sale must be listed.

This is one of the places where I recommend tax preparation software. Once you develop a rhythm, it goes quickly.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer

You can also use your spreadsheet program to generate two lists: short term gains/losses and long term gains/losses. As long as the lists contains the same information and in the same order as on Sch D and the Sch D continuation sheets, the IRS will accept them.

Author: edcosoft Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27606 of 121592
Subject: Re: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/7/2000 8:32 AM
Is there a more efficient way to record stock trades on Schedule D than hand writing or typing
each and every one individually? Thanks! </>

NO. However, we have developed an Excel97 spreadsheet to make it easier, compute the P/L, find your WashSales,ShortSales and Constructive Sales, adjust them, and print the D-1s for attachment to your 1040 D. e-mail me at D1@edcosoft.com if you're interested. Ed

Author: gonkar Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27727 of 121592
Subject: Re: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/7/2000 9:04 PM
Thanks Phil and Wally for the info.......gonkar

Author: andy12 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27946 of 121592
Subject: Re: A quicker way for Schedule D? Date: 2/8/2000 9:06 PM
if you are a day trader and have 1500 transactions during the year, the tax preparer would have you list all transactions. Get real help because you will qualify under certain irs rules, and there would be a real simple answer to your problem.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement