Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: A RARE Opportunity? Date: 4/21/2005 3:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05042101.htm?ref=btp

A RARE Opportunity?
By Rick Aristotle Munarriz (TMF Edible)
April 21, 2005

When RARE Hospitality (Nasdaq: RARE) asks you what you want for dinner, it usually means how you want your steak. The operator of the LongHorn Steakhouse, Bugaboo Creek Steak House, and Capital Grille chains produced results that would probably be best described as, um, medium-well.

Earnings inched higher, going from $0.42 a share during last year's March quarter to a $0.44 showing this time around as sales rose by 14%. Expansion fueled most of the top-line growth, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as the concepts are hitting on all cylinders...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: azera Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32 of 33
Subject: Re: A RARE Opportunity? Date: 9/1/2005 3:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Today's downdraft prompted by RJ I would think created another RARE opportunity. It seems unlikely to me that America's two income families habit of dining out will be changed long term over a jump in gas prices. Also, higher gas prices are unlikely to be a permanent situation and they will correct as they did in the 70's. Twitty, what do you and edible say about this?

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33 of 33
Subject: Re: A RARE Opportunity? Date: 9/1/2005 3:57 PM
Hi azera,

I'm not an analyst, I just post the links. But you can reach Edible at: tmfedible@aol.com

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement