UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CuriousDonkey One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 349  
Subject: A recommendation Date: 4/25/2011 12:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Greetings Fools,

Many of you don't see me much on the public boards, since I spent my indoctrination on the MFSA boards mostly. I only reached outside of my tight little community to a few other boards, namely the Real Estate board.

I met Dave Donhoff (DWDonhoff as some of you may know him) on that board. He offered me loads of free advice, as he does on here all the time, regarding a difficult situation with my present home (modification/refinance advice, rental advice, how to handle my parents' advice even!). We broke off from the MFSA boards after months of back and forth as the banks drew out the whole process. Finally, Dave and I decided it might be worth looking into working together.

I can say, somewhat shamefully, that I was perfectly content getting some industry advice from a gent who seemed to know his stuff. I wasn't terribly exciting to work with a Financial Advisor, since I know a thing or two about finance and I have a lifetime to learn (I'm 28).

David opened my eyes to the reality of what I'd been trying to figure a way to do for the last few years. With the economy as it is now, my personal background (saw my father fall far from grace with a disabling accident), and a huge bucket of fire and brimstone in my belly, I've been planning to be financially independent. I want to be one of the 'haves' as we see the gap between haves and have-nots widening every minute it seems. Not so much for the lifestyle, as for my present and future family.

Dave showed me what I can only say is 'how the big boys play.' I was totally unaware of the instruments he exposed me to (despite working with other FA's) and really pleased with the creativity he brings to the table in terms of how to use them. His whole-product (I'm a business unit manager focused on software right now) approach really made me understand how I can become very wealthy, very quickly, without much if any pain along the way.

Dave helps people get off the financial 'grid.' You may have heard the term for people who are carbon neutral or power-neutral, in that they generate as much or more power than they use. The same rings true for Dave. He helps people separate from the big banks and make their own bank to draw against. He helps ensure the same 6-8+% growth that corporations pull down every quarter. He's making it fun again!

I am still learning from him every day, we're starting in on new ideas regularly, and growing as a team. Never once did I feel sold or pressured and I'm sure it will stay that way for the long term. Now if only we can get him to crack open that hedge fund again and follow him into the darkened room with all the monitors and watch him beat the market all over again!

Please feel free to PM me with any further questions.

This recommendation is purely my own doing and not a contractual or financially beneficial endeavor to me. I genuinely like the guy!

Best regards,

CD
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Objective Financial Advice
Your first stop in Finding a Financial Advisor should be TMF Money Advisor, from The Motley Fool.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement