Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: forumcap Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 315  
Subject: A return is not a refund Date: 2/28/2000 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Thanks to Astrid, I have a place to put this. I just posted it on the credit card message board when someone started a thread called "I love tax returns" when what they meant was that they love tax REFUNDS!

A tax RETURN is the piece of paper you send to the IRS reporting your income,
etc.

A tax REFUND is the money you get back if you overpaid.

I have never seen such rampant misuse of the phrase tax return as I see on the Fool
boards. Considering what smart, witty, well-informed people everyone seems to be
here, this is a complete mystery.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AnnaSaveMe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 312 of 315
Subject: Re: A return is not a refund Date: 9/19/2005 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks to Astrid, I have a place to put this. I just posted it on the credit card message board when someone started a thread called "I love tax returns" when what they meant was that they love tax REFUNDS!

A tax RETURN is the piece of paper you send to the IRS reporting your income,
etc.

A tax REFUND is the money you get back if you overpaid.

I have never seen such rampant misuse of the phrase tax return as I see on the Fool
boards. Considering what smart, witty, well-informed people everyone seems to be
here, this is a complete mystery.

Plus the fact that the refund that everyone supposedly loves so much is really money that you could have had yourself (with possible interest to be accrued) all these months instead of taken out of your paycheck.

ASM

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement