Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A rollover from an IRA or 401K to an IRA or 401K is not taxed. It isn't clear what she is doing, but it is unlikely to be correct. She should see a tax professional.

I am sure you are right at the Federal level. I think she is saying this is a State of New Jersey thing. I already suggested she see a tax professional, but she is too cheap to do that. As a practical matter, I wash my hands of this.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.