UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977205  
Subject: A Sad Day for PA Date: 2/15/2013 3:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I could not believe it when I read through this thread.

http://boards.fool.com/why-cant-we-help-carnival-30542441.as...

Up until now, I thought that the majority of the folks on PA had compassion for their fellow human beings. Now I'm not at all sure.

I've been on four cruises in the last 3 years. I love cruising...and now I realize that the main reason is that I've met so many wonderful people on cruises. It HURT to watch these people suffer!

I've also been concerned about the obvious problems with this form of recreation. I was not at all surprised with what happened on the Carnival Triumph. I think it was inevitable.

But I didn't expect the reaction on PA. The same people who supported Obamacare and countless other efforts to help the lest fortunate in our society, now saying "skrew the idiots on that cruise."

The primary responsibility for the welfare of their customers was clearly that of Carnival. But they obviously couldn't (or wouldn't) handle it. If EVER there was a time for “big government” to step in, I think this was it.

OK…..the cruisers were “merely in discomfort.” (like someone without health insurance????)

And Carnival is the poster child for side-stepping laws. So why should we help them?

Because American citizens were in danger. Really! Carnival is lucky that nobody
DIED (yet – that we know of). But the health of about 3,000 cruisers was threatened.
How many are (or will be) sick????

I doubt very much that Carnival will make significant changes. My experience with
cruising tells me otherwise. And people will rush to sign up for a cruise in spite of
this disaster.

The one bright spot was the way that the passengers banded together and took care
of each other. They formed their own society. Good thing, too. Because ours
will not help them.

And the sentiment on PA seems to be that this is OK. Could somebody tell me
why?

Jack
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement