Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A school usually has either a Direct Loan program or a FFEL (Federal Family Education Loan) program. The Direct Loan program has the federal government lending money while the FFEL program has a "preferred lender" (such as Sallie Mae) to manage their student loans. Here is link that gives a little more info about this:

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.