No. of Recommendations: 3
A self employed person has many options. The best (largest contribution)
would be a 401K/profit sharing plan. Assuming they have enough income,
they could contribute $ 16,000 (if over 50) plus roughly 20% of their net
self employed income (for 2004 - this number will increase as employee 401K
plans will to eventually $ 20,000). I have a plan like this through
Fidelity. This would not interfere with their Roth IRA contributions of
$ 3,500.
:>) Norm
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.