UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Silhouette1920 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: A setback on the horizon Date: 5/23/2002 6:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Man, I am so frustrated. DH and I have been snowballing the heck out of the credit cards and, at the same time, trying to build an e-fund for emergencies. The $100 per month snowball has gone well, but the e-fund is only at about $250. Anyway, we've just learned that in about three months, we will have an education expense that will require us to have about $1,500 cash. (Student loan not possible in this case.) Ugh! So basically this means that we're going to have to halt the snowball and try to come up with $350 a month from out of nowhere to make sure the cash is there by the end of August. I may be able to come up with an extra $200 a month if overtime opportunities become available, but I'm trying to think of other ways to make money. I'm thinking about selling my wedding dress, which has been sitting in the back of my closet for a little over a year. I spent $600 on it, so maybe I could get $200-300 for it. Anyone have other ideas or words of encouragement? After working so hard to get out of debt and build an e-fund, this is really frustrating!

Sil
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CristyneS Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127907 of 308881
Subject: Re: A setback on the horizon Date: 5/24/2002 9:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Anyone have other ideas or words of encouragement? After working so hard to get out of debt and build an e-fund, this is really frustrating!

I've been supplementing my income by doing Market Research Focus Groups- I don't know where you live, but in Chicago there are several companies that I have signed up with . In the last 2 months I've made over $500 cash! and that is tax free!-

I've also just started a little side business that is starting to take off- I've had my first 3 jobs!- I am a notary for my job and have a membership with www.nationalnotary.org which my company pays for. Anyway- I found out through the website about being a singing agent (notarizing loan documents for out of state lenders) I've made $225 this week from that. If you are a notary or can become one you should check it out.

As far as your wedding dress you may not get very much for it- I did not have good luck selling my dress as most brides want their "own". You may have better luck at a consignment shop than throught he newspaper.

Good Luck
CristyneS

Author: EmmaFrances Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127939 of 308881
Subject: Re: A setback on the horizon Date: 5/24/2002 12:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the glitch in your plans. That is so frustrating, and believe me I know. But, it does highlight how important it is to have an e-fund. At least you had some of the money you need in August squirrled away, and you can come up with the rest of it. I have to stop my snowball for the next couple of months too. The whole debt payoff is trying my patience, but I'd rather get there eventually than not at all! This is just a minor and temporary slow down.

The consignment shop idea for your dress that someone else mentioned is a good one. Do you have any other "things" sitting around that you could sell? It's the time of year for garage sales.

Good luck -- you'll get there!

EF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement