Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: A smidge of organizing. Date: 10/19/2012 9:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I finished the second of two cross stitch pieces I was doing for my sister-in-law. They won't be framed in time for her birthday, but I will have them in time for Christmas. I took them to a shop here in the Denver area that specializes in needlework supplies and framing needlework projects.

I was ready to start my next project (a gift for my mother-in-law) and had to place an order online for supplies. I ended up ordering four more patterns! I did download an app for my iPhone for keeping track of your floss, and was pleased to see I had only duplicated two colors (black and white) in my order.

Last night I sorted through my supplies and I found a half complete project I know I'm never going to finish (no longer like the design, very dated) and tossed it and a pile of mangled patterns that I know I won't do a second time. I think I have a couple patterns and kits that I may donate to Good Will and see if someone else wants to do them, they just aren't my style anymore. I think once I discovered the variety of stuff available online and the smaller publishers, I've become disenchanted with the big publishers like Dimensions where a lot of stuff is geared towards the beginner. Bless the internet for making it easier to find other designers and learn more technique.

I do have some completed projects that I never framed. I don't know what to do with those. I know my husband would be against tossing something I made, but some of them were early pieces before I really got my technique down, and one was a very advanced piece that I tackled too early, so while other people might not notice problems with it, I'm hyper critical of the final look. Why spend a couple hundred getting it pinned, matted, and framed if it isn't perfect? Maybe it will look better to me after I iron it.

Lara Amber
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement