UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25025  
Subject: A theory Date: 2/23/2001 11:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I am floting a theory here,and expect a lot of snoballs to get thrown at it.Keep an open mind but don't let your brains fall out (I have a problem with that):).

The Hovin theory;(paraphrasid)

Way back when,the earth was containd by a sphere of ice.Somewhere betwean us and the moon.At that time the
earth was much smoother (no mountains) and the oceans were not as deep.(yes,less water on earth).This would
make earth like a greenhouse.Palm trees growing on or near the
south pole,etc.

Noa is about done with the ark.And a whole messa little comits (I can't remember part of it here).Are attractid to the magnetic poles of the earth.They smash
the ice (which turns to rain) and smack into the poles.
This causes a great deal of plate dissrupshon all by itself.But now the poles freez real fast.And the wolly
mammoths think "Hey what's goin on" as -200 degree "snow" is falling on them.

Now it's raining like crazy.The poles are freezing.And noah lifts off.A global flood.

The pressure of the water combined with the smaking
and freezing cause massive shifts as to solid ground.Mountains and vallys are formed in a short time.
Also the earth is "all shook up" hmm,hmm,oh yea yea,and
re settles.Or should I say restratifys.

The waters aswage (interisting word and mispelled I am sure) and the ark parks as solid earth rises and vallys (oceans) deepen.

Chris

PS Yes I know that the pressure of the water would have 0 effect on plate shift after the planit was covered.But massive amounts of water in low areas as the flood is beginning is something to consider.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement