UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756955  
Subject: A vote for Obama is a vote for recession Date: 10/3/2012 6:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
A vote for Obama is a vote for recession

"After increasing government spending by 22.4 percent from President Bush’s last budget request and raising the national debt by more than 50 percent in less than four years, the Keynesian theory that Mr. Obama professes says the United States should have reached nearly full employment (5.3 percent, according to administration projections). Austrian school economists like Friedrich Hayek and Chicago school economists like Milton Friedman all wrote persuasive critiques of the Keynesian model, which never works in practice. In the late 1980s, I testified before Congress using empirical data with which I showed (in a curve) how, as governments get larger as a percentage of gross domestic product (as ours has under President Obama), economic growth and employment slow — not rise. My argument has been replicated and updated by many other economists in the years since, with similar results.

The simple fact is Mr. Obama seems wedded to a theory that has not worked and never can."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/1/a-vote-for-ob...

Just because it hasn't worked the last few thousand times that it has been tried, that doesn't mean that it won't work this time. One of these years, all that stimulus is going to kick in.

Japan is lucky. They have been using stimulus for a few decades now, so their stimulus is much closer to kicking in any day now.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement