Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19649  
Subject: A wonderful letter Date: 10/6/2012 11:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
But before you read it, I have to give you some background.

Over in England there is a problem with some cattle disease. Scientists have noticed that where the disease is most prevalent there are a lot of badgers. The government determined from that information that the badgers must be responsible for carrying the disease. (That's a frail bit of evidence, but governments often do things like that).

So there is a program to cull badgers. Some animals activists don't like the program and are campaigning against it. As part of their campaign they have a website where they list contact information of various British officials, and they urge people to contact the officials. Several times.

The website is on an American host.

So the British government sent a take-down letter to the American host site, and this letter is what they received in response.

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/files/NFSNUKTsolResponse.pd...

Nancy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17966 of 19649
Subject: Re: A wonderful letter Date: 10/8/2012 3:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Love it!

LWW

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement