Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tigorious Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Aaaaaaaaaaah! Date: 10/31/2008 1:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you. I just needed to say it.

He thinks it ok to break promise as long as he is bringin home more money. I do not.

Once again my husband has broken a promise to me so he can make more money and claim he is doing this for me. We have been having this "disagement" for over a decade now. There is one day a year....Halloween...that I need him to be home to help with the decorations. He always seems to be late. Always. Overtime is more important to him. Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

I wish you well,

Tigorious
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AAAAmanda Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44383 of 44390
Subject: Re: Aaaaaaaaaaah! Date: 3/8/2009 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
A decade, eh? I think it's safe to say that he isn't ever going to change.

The fact is, he just doesn't listen. He knows better than you do what it is that you want. Or, he's using you as an excuse to do what he wants to do. Either way, you need to accept that you have a part-time husband.

Probably, it would be easier if he were in the military. Then you'd understand when he was gone to the field for thirty days at a time, or out to sea for six months, or whatever. You get to see him more often, but he's still a part timer.

I'm so sorry. I've been reading and I know that you would prefer time spent with him more than the extra money.

4A

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44384 of 44390
Subject: Re: Aaaaaaaaaaah! Date: 3/9/2009 11:31 AM
Recommendations: 1
Why bother responding to this 5 months later? They are probably divorced by now.

Author: AAAAmanda Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44385 of 44390
Subject: Re: Aaaaaaaaaaah! Date: 3/10/2009 6:15 AM
Why bother responding to this 5 months later? They are probably divorced by now.

Why write now? Because if it was going on for 10 years, it's probably still going on and she could use a little understanding.

Divorced? I hope not. Although, what the heck do you do when you don't share the same values as your partner and they are no longer listening to you?

4A

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement