UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4270  
Subject: AARP tells Obama to STFU Date: 10/5/2012 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://washingtonexaminer.com/aarp-to-obama-dont-mention-us-...

President Obama invoked AARP to defend his health care law last night [during the debate], prompting the influential group to release a statement telling him not to do that again. "...AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign," the group posted in a statement. "AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party."

Obama can perhaps be forgiven for thinking he could mention AARP given how they coordinated with him to pass Obamacare, which is a golden goose for the organization.

"Thanks to its cuts to Medicare Advantage, Obamacare is expected to expand the number of seniors buying 'medigap' supplemental insurance plans," The Washington Examiner explained in an editorial. "AARP controls 34 percent of the market for such plans. According to a 2011 House Ways and Means Committee report, AARP stands to make between $55 million and $166 million from Obamacare in 2014 alone."

Good to see that AARP didn't sell out America cheaply in its "nonpartisan" quest to secure tens of millions. Now tell me about those insurance company CEO salaries again, will ya?

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: erikinthered100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3935 of 4270
Subject: Re: AARP tells Obama to STFU Date: 10/5/2012 12:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
"AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party."

Uuuhh... sure.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3937 of 4270
Subject: Re: AARP tells Obama to STFU Date: 10/6/2012 12:36 AM
Recommendations: 0
I don't understand why so many AARP members buy their medigap insurance through that organization. The premiums are exceptionally high considering other companies.

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement