Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8  
Subject: ABBV Today Date: 1/2/2013 11:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
closed @ $35.12, & ABT closed @ $32.05.

sunrayman
owns both stox
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NedScheer Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 8
Subject: Re: ABBV Today Date: 1/3/2013 12:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I received my shares through the spin-off. Since it was a share for every share owned of ABT is the base price for the ABBV stock half of what the base cost of ABT were or there a different ratio? Anyone know?

Author: FoolishChaos Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 8
Subject: Re: ABBV Today Date: 1/3/2013 8:00 AM
Recommendations: 1
Pretty sure it is not half. Think it is a function of the last close of ABT as a combined company vs. the market price per share of the two seperate. Just to get a number while awaiting more official word I used the following values to adjust basis for the two new co's. ABT pre-spin close value $65.5. ABT (new) open $31.34, ABBV open $34.16. New ABT basis factor: $31.34/$65.5 = 47.847% of original ABT basis. ABBV basis factor: $34.16/$65.5 = 52.153% of original ABT basis. Applied this approach to each position. Haven't dealt with a deal like this before so I too am looking for confimation on basis adjustment.

Best Regards

Author: sshl Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 8
Subject: Re: ABBV Today Date: 1/3/2013 12:25 PM
new to the board and have a question about ABBV. I have not read about any dividend although Yahoo lists Abt with a dividend of .90% I noticed that you say you own both and mean to keep both, do you believe the pipeline has enough in it to make up for the loss of humira in 2017 or is that event far enough off to allow profit to be made in the short term.
thanks, Dan

Author: NedScheer Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 8
Subject: Re: ABBV Today Date: 1/3/2013 1:39 PM
I haven't done an evaluation yet on whether or not I will keep ABBV, but I lean toward it. ABBV is the research portion of ABT and the new products will be developed here. From what I have read thus far ABBV is not paying a dividend. ABT's dividend is $.56 annually or about 1.65% based on it's current price after the spin-off. We will have to see if there are any changes in the dividends now that the split has been made final. - Ned

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement