UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (347) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: khalou Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756711  
Subject: Abortion Date: 1/6/2013 1:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There are many people that believe that abortion is murder. I would never even pretend to have the authority to dispute this opinion.

There are many people that believe that abortion is a medical procedure that occurs before a human being has been formed. I would, once again, never even pretend to have the authority to dispute this opinion.

The reason that I don't believe I have the authority is because I am not talking about the reality of the matter, but only the opinion of those that hold them. I certainly don't have the authority to tell anyone what to believe, I can only provide the foundations upon which I have formed my own opinion.

But that's not what this post is about-

It is about what one does once one holds an opinion.

This paragraph is for the pro-choicers -

If you happened upon an individual or group that was killing people that got in their way, would you not decide intellectually that they didn't have the right to do so? Of course you would. You would decide that the victims were worth at least the intellectual formulation of an indictment for the actions that caused their deaths.

This paragraph is for the pro-lifers -

If you happened upon an individual or group that was forcing individuals to undergo unnecessary and prolonged unwanted physical processes in the name of the state, would you not decide intellectually that they didn't have the right to do so? Of course you would. You would decide that the victims were worth at least the intellectual formulation of an indictment for the actions that caused their governmentally-mandated servitude.

I have an opinion and it is pro-choice, but I'm going to argue in favor of the opposition just because I believe it is in my own best interests to investigate opposing views.

The argument against abortion-

There is a legal term that is used in civil suits where a person is unable to work in the profession in which they were trained, but an injury has forced them to seek other employment or disability. It is called "potential earnings". There is, therefore, legal precedent set for what might have been.

Should a man who has impregnated a woman discover that, without his knowledge or consent, that his potential offspring has been terminated through abortion, with consideration given to the woman for her participation in a pregnancy should it have been allowed to continue, there should be a compensation for the loss of such potential offspring.

I am amazed that, considering the number of pro-life individuals in this country, there has never been such a case brought to the courts with this in mind. Why wouldn't a pro-choice man who has lost his potential offspring to the legal and protected choice of the woman never sought legal compensation?

I am outraged.

k
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (347) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement