UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88997  
Subject: About the AOL popup Date: 9/19/2012 9:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Every once in a while when I'm reading the boards I'll get this annoying AOL popup (which has a lot of little popups in it) and it takes a few seconds for it to finish so I can get rid of it. It wants me to participate in some survey.

Is this something I'm accidentally setting off by moving my cursor, or that I brought in from some other site, or should the blame be placed squarely on the Fool?

Is anyone else getting this?

Nancy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87072 of 88997
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/19/2012 11:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Yes, once in a while.

Author: ShouldKnowBetter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87073 of 88997
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 12:16 AM
Recommendations: 0

Yes, once in a while.

Here too. Thought I had a virus.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87075 of 88997
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 8:31 AM
Recommendations: 2
-- even after certified mail letter to Steve Case the CEO of the Company.
===*===

What'd Steve have to say?

Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87076 of 88997
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 8:55 AM
Recommendations: 4
I also got an AOH Pop-up using Firefox.

I use Firefox but I never have any of these problems because I run it with the Adblock Plus add-on. Having effective ad blocking is the main reason I stay with Firefox.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87094 of 88997
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/27/2012 7:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
Steve NEVER replied to the letter.
===*===

Gee, imagine that.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement