UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88787  
Subject: About the AOL popup Date: 9/19/2012 9:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Every once in a while when I'm reading the boards I'll get this annoying AOL popup (which has a lot of little popups in it) and it takes a few seconds for it to finish so I can get rid of it. It wants me to participate in some survey.

Is this something I'm accidentally setting off by moving my cursor, or that I brought in from some other site, or should the blame be placed squarely on the Fool?

Is anyone else getting this?

Nancy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87072 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/19/2012 11:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Yes, once in a while.

Author: ShouldKnowBetter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87073 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 12:16 AM

Yes, once in a while.

Here too. Thought I had a virus.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87074 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 12:37 AM
I also got an AOH Pop-up using Firefox. I HATE the company, always have since I was originally required to use the ISP originally inorder to access The Motley Fool in August 1995. Busy signals, dropped connections, poor service, many, many billing errors that were NOT corrected by AOL -- even after certified mail letter to Steve Case the CEO of the Company.

Kahuna, CFA

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87075 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 8:31 AM
Recommendations: 2
-- even after certified mail letter to Steve Case the CEO of the Company.
===*===

What'd Steve have to say?

Author: RHinCT Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87076 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/21/2012 8:55 AM
Recommendations: 4
I also got an AOH Pop-up using Firefox.

I use Firefox but I never have any of these problems because I run it with the Adblock Plus add-on. Having effective ad blocking is the main reason I stay with Firefox.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87091 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/26/2012 2:53 PM
Recommendations: 1
"-- even after certified mail letter to Steve Case the CEO of the Company. -- NO CITATION!!!
===*===

What'd Steve have to say?
- Raggmopp | Date: 9/21/2012 8:31:34 AM | Number: 87090

Steve NEVER replied to the letter.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87094 of 88787
Subject: Re: About the AOL popup Date: 9/27/2012 7:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
Steve NEVER replied to the letter.
===*===

Gee, imagine that.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement