UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950467  
Subject: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 27
"On Wednesday, reports Gallup, the unemployment rate in the United States fell to an amazing 7.3 percent."

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/10/jack_welchs_gallup_problem/
Print the post Back To Top
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823334 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The date is bad, one state did not update (see articles)

But, even if it had dropped, to late for Obama

The emperor has no clothes

Bears

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823338 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:18 AM
Recommendations: 0
You mean the rate that doesn't count people?

lets focus on the U6 number (real number) which is close to 15%

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823339 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:18 AM
Recommendations: 45
This is my favorite part:
"Over the past year, Gallup’s survey has occasionally indicated higher unemployment than the BLS — in fact, back in March, some conservatives jumped on a Gallup report that unemployment was rising as evidence that the BLS was playing numbers games."

So, if they jump on Gallup's survey and say it is wrong, it will be quite obvious they don't want to believe in anything that shows the economy is improving.

Because if there is one thing I have learned over this campaign season, it is that Republicans hate Barack Obama with an obsessiveness that is unparalleled.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823343 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:21 AM
Republicans hate Barack Obama with an obsessiveness that is unparalleled.

No, just that Obama has done little if anything for the country, the economy or the people. As we saw in the debate, he is clueless

Time to replace him

Bears

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823346 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 11:23 AM
Because if there is one thing I have learned over this campaign season, it is that Republicans hate Barack Obama with an obsessiveness that is unparalleled.

Actually I'd say it's pretty similiar to the Democrats hatred of Bush/Cheney/Condi Rice.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823364 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 12:00 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Actually I'd say it's pretty similiar to the Democrats hatred of Bush/Cheney/Condi Rice."

Or the GOP hatred of Clinton. You could play this game all day.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823369 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 12:05 PM
Or the GOP hatred of Clinton. You could play this game all day.

Probably, but I didn't make the claim that this was new.

Although Clinton and the Bushes seem to get along well. Frankly I think Bill Clinton would rather spend time with the George's than Obama.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823371 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 12:06 PM
Republicans hate Barack Obama with an obsessiveness that is unparalleled.

Hate him? Heck I can't even see him from the back of the bus.

You know he won the election right?

I do dislike an incredible amount of what he has done, and I do think he is a divisive force for bad, but if I met him on a basketball court, I would likely talk hoops with him, chat about family and think he was OK

IF I owned a fruit stand though, I would not trust him to pack out fruit, let alone run the cash register.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823374 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 12:08 PM
Per the article and Gallup's site, the rate dropped from 8.1% on 9/28 to 7.3% by 10/9.

Has there been anything in the news that would suggest that so many more people were hired in just 5 business days?

The only thing that makes sense is that there has been a ton of part-time individuals hired recently. Both the BLS and gallups survey reflects this.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125639/Gallup-Daily-Workforce.asp...

Payroll to Population is a measure of those who are employed by an employer for at least 30 hours per week.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823401 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 1:11 PM
Actually I'd say it's pretty similiar to the Democrats hatred of Bush/Cheney/Condi Rice.

Well, When someone tells me that they won and get to the back of the bus, I have to admit I get a little touchy.

On the other hand, when I watch Bush reach across the aisle to Dems until he got his arm broken a few times, I know better than to believe they were normal humans.

I think Republicans dislike Obama policies. I think Democrats backed Bush policies until it became expedient not to, and backed and doubled down on a lot of what they disliked. Stuff that many Republicans -- the conservatives ones -- did not like when Bush did them

I do not think there is any comparison to what Bush and Obama have chosen to be. Obama desired to be the most partisan President ever, Bush did not.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823473 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 4:06 PM

Lindy, you around during Bush II years when unemployment was in the 4-5% range. I'm sure you remember when the media and lberals in general called them McJobs and constantly harped how bad the economy was when it....well.... it was doing pretty well actually.

Now that's not only obsessive it was outright false and it was another example of liberal lies, distortion and deception.

Nobody obseesively hates like a liberal.

decath

Author: agyjdgphil Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823509 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 5:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
The argument that it's all about hating his policies is garbage, since the hatred began before he even took office. The Republicans swore to make him a one-term President, and everything they did or didn't do was to further that goal. They even opposed policies they themselves had first suggested once Obama proposed them. And how could they know they hated the policies when they made sure they didn't get implemented?

Yes, there was hatred of Bush, but it was primarily because he took peace and prosperity and turned them into war and deficits. Of course the circumstances of his "election" played a big role, too, especially after Ohio magically went his way in 2004 even though the usually reliable exit polls showed Kerry to be the winner.

I think much of the hatred is attributable to Fox, Rush, Hannity, et. al., whose job is to keep stirring up fear and anger They do their jobs very well, and the people who watch nothing else are very malleable. Since Obama-hating is pretty much a full-time job, I'd bet they would be at least a little sorry if Romney actually wins. Who or what would they have to gripe about then?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823512 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/11/2012 5:53 PM
Recommendations: 4
The argument that it's all about hating his policies is garbage, since the hatred began before he even took office. The Republicans swore to make him a one-term President, and everything they did or didn't do was to further that goal. They even opposed policies they themselves had first suggested once Obama proposed them. And how could they know they hated the policies when they made sure they didn't get implemented?

Just out of curiosity, since I just know you are not dishonest, can you show me some time before Obama was in office for two years where Republicans said this?

I know there are so many falsehoods in your post, you are likely using the same tactic that Biden will use tonight(PS don't try the Romney defense since it is documented Obama told more fibs) so I will just ask about that one. Should be easy since it is so obvious to all libs and stated so often.

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823632 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/12/2012 1:58 AM
I think Republicans dislike Obama policies.

LS, there's never going to be a Democratic president you don't dislike, because you get your information - and your opinion to a large degree - from what are essentially GOP sources. And the GOP will obviously never endorse a Democratic president regardless of his policies, because he'll be a competitor. Pepsi is never going to tell you to buy Coke.

What Obama's policies are is entirely secondary to Republicans.

The same applied for Clinton, who was hated VISCERALLY by the GOP despite successfully pursuing a lot of conservative policy goals. Welfare reform. Balancing the budget. Deregulation of the financial sector. (Ok may the last one isn't such a good example).

Carter, as well, pursued a lot of conservative policies. He deregulated the airline and trucking industry, among other things. Arguably, he was the most successful deregulatory president since WWII.

Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823671 of 1950467
Subject: Re: About those unemployment numbers... Date: 10/12/2012 9:27 AM
Lindy, you around during Bush II years when unemployment was in the 4-5% range. I'm sure you remember when the media and lberals in general called them McJobs and constantly harped how bad the economy was

And then the bottom fell out and Bush and company ran around in a total panioc and threw billions of borrowed dollars at banks, Wall Street, General Motors, Chrysler, AIG, and the economy tanked, the stock market fell almost 50%, and then there was an election.

Yes, I do remember it.

Pity that it takes longer to build a building than to dynamite it and bring it down.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement