UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42290  
Subject: Re: How babies save you money Date: 10/30/2006 9:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 57
Absolutely. DW was at the top of her game when she took her leave of absence (and eventual resignation). Being out of the work force for a few years will have a negative effect on her career, without a doubt. If money, DW's career, our home and lifestyle all meant more to us than our boy, I assume that we'd consider the same options as many of you. But it isn't, and we won't.

After waiting 11 days to respond to my post, you drop this bomb on the board. In your previous post, you asked why people on this board are so defensive. You are playing the innocent poster game when what you are doing is intentionally trying to stir up people whom you disagree with their lifestyle. I almost feel for your bait this weekend when I first saw your post pop up on my replies. If you want to feel morally superior to many of us, I'm not going to darken your illusion. I'll just reflect back on a my weekend.

This weekend, my daughter was in a soccer tournament. She was recruited by another team to be a guest player. Other than a wet field for the first game, you couldn't ask for a better time to play. It was sunny and temperatures were in the high 60s. Not only did my daughter have a good tournament on the field, she had a great time off the field. In between games, she socialized with the other players. She was even invited to a party next week. I can say with good confidence that the kids on that term and their parents are classy people.

I'm proud of the success that she is having in school. She is on target for straight A's this term and she earned first chair in the band. Recently, she started a job as helper at the horse farm where she takes riding lessons. At age 12, she is the youngest worker there. She also has started taking babysitting jobs.

She has faults like most kids but I am happy with her development so far. I guess these working parents ruined another kid.

IF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement