Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gatorswamp Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1416  
Subject: Re: Hospitals beginning to tout research results Date: 2/1/2013 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Absolutely, we are on the same page.
I appreciate you pulling the news feeds for us, the publicity truly is what we need.
I just want to make sure that our fellow investors here are critical of the "literature". It is very important to be so in medicine.

When a speaker is compensated for a presentation, they recieve some funds, and often even slides which are very fancy and created by the company. I don't know that in this case, but this is common.

I also have had (not now) consulting relationships but they were related to going and teaching other surgeons techniques. The paid talk circuit needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I went to a course one time to learn the placement of a new device, and the day was organized by their hired gun, a very good surgeon and also now a freind. Funny, a year later, a competing company was rolling out a competing device that does exactly the same thing and required attendance of a training course. I went and the SAME GUY was doing the other one too! Which set of slides am I supposed to beieve!

Articles citing "new reports" from a hospital website and touting the local practice, when there have not been new reports published in a year, need to be taken with a grain of salt. It is an advertisement. For once I guess I disagree with Denny!

I don't want readers here to leave with an impression that there has been any type of long term superiority proven for this robot. That does not mean it ISN'T superior, it just means it is not proven. Right now it is new, expensive, a good idea, and perhaps it is better also, but we don't know that.

Please keep posting these reports, they are the essence of what we need now for our stock, but they are not science for the most part.

gator
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement