Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm large shareholder in Denver closed C corp involved in real estate ventures since it started in 1965 and changed to S corp in 1998. In 2000, S Corp took out mortgage on a book undervalued apt with mortgage proceeds distributed to shareholders - in addition to normal profit distribution. Our CPA treated this mortgage distribution as dividend, accumulated earnings, placing me in top tax bracket. Considering that these accumulated earnings occurred in many prior years, is there any way to average them to reduce my tax bracket, such a filing ammended back returns? Or any other possible tax stratedgies?
Near Desperate

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.