Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FLREFOOL One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: Achy boomers snap up hot tubs Date: 6/8/2005 11:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Like being in hot water?

The typical hot-tub buyer is college-educated, between the ages of 35 and 54, and has an income of at least $ 75,000, according to the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals, a trade group in Alexandria, Va.

The 417,000 units sold and installed last year were an 11 percent increase from the 374,000 the previous year. There are about 5 million hot tubs in the country, according to the association's survey, and owners spend at least $ 509 million annually on products and services for them.

http://housingzone.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&xmlId=286164890
Print the post Back To Top
Author: familyceo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9843 of 19483
Subject: Re: Achy boomers snap up hot tubs Date: 6/9/2005 8:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
"The typical hot-tub buyer is college-educated, between the ages of 35 and 54, and has an income of at least $75,000"

Hubby and I were just talking about purchasing a hot-tub. It looks like we meet the *requirements* but we better hurry....he turns 54 in Sept. <g>

ceo

Author: FLREFOOL One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9844 of 19483
Subject: Re: Achy boomers snap up hot tubs Date: 6/9/2005 9:38 AM
We bought one years ago and we're not at that age yet, does that mean we need to stop using it till we're of that age?

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9845 of 19483
Subject: Re: Achy boomers snap up hot tubs Date: 6/9/2005 10:29 AM
Had one for 5 years. left it at old house when it sold

New house designed for tub with electric installed befor siding put on.

16X32 DECK DESIGNED WITH tUB SET INTO THE DECK (TOP 24 INCHES above deck surface)
I AM NOW 70 and wouldn't be without it.

I have walking leg syndrome ( feet want to move all night) thhot tub relaxes them. I go inafter the evining news before going to bed.

have walked outside in my swim suit when it was 10 degrees beolow zero and 30 mile per hour wind and hade to move the snow away from the guzebos door with my bare feet.

My grandsons would get out of the tub and roll in the snow and runback to jump in the tub at Christmass time.

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9847 of 19483
Subject: Re: Achy boomers snap up hot tubs Date: 6/9/2005 3:39 PM
My wife talked me into getting a hot tub when we put a new deck on our house in 1999. I was "luke warm" to the idea.

The thing hadn't been there more than a month when I herniated a disc in my back and I was in that tub for maybe six hours a day. If it wouldn't have been for that tub, I think I would have just shot myself. I would have never made it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement