Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
While doing my tax I found my joint return to have an AGI above $100,000, so I must recharacterize all my trad IRA ---> Roth IRA conversions before mid-April.

Q. What do I do with all the 5498 Forms the brokers have sent me. Do I have to report to the IRS anything at all now that I have nulled and voided the conversions, and owe no taxes?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.