UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Karsadn One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88919  
Subject: After reading the last message... Date: 7/11/2000 12:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This request is to do with reading messages. Sometimes I'll enter a board and read the last few posts first to get the most up to date information and then I'll want to go back and read some of the earlier posts.

This is perhaps a small point, but it irks me so I wanted to share - why, when I click on the room title after reading a post, do I get a message list from the last message read onwards, even when this is less than the number of posts I have set in my preferences?

What I'd like to see is a list that always contains my preferred number of posts in it.

It shouldn't be too hard to do this:

Let X be the number of posts preferred to be displayed on the screen. Now, before deciding where to begin displaying post titles from, check to see if the (last_post - current_post) < X, if it's not then display X posts from the present position, if it is then display X posts from (last_post-x). A similar calculation should be possible for threaded and collapsed threaded posts.

Thanks for you time,

K.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement