Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
After toting up your net profit (income less deductible expenses), it doesn't matter what you do with the profits. You will pay taxes on them personally via the K-1 the corporation gives to you.

I think the implied question is "What do I do when I have a huge net loss next year? I have a bunch of income this year which is giving me a nice net profit this year, but I expect I'll have big expenses next year".

And I *think* the answer is a "loss carryback" which winds up with doing a revised tax form for this year to reduce this years income. BUT I'd look for an answer from an expert.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.