UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hameed79 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308887  
Subject: Again about my many credit cards Date: 3/12/2001 3:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First of all thank you everybody for the replies and advises.

Secondly, I would like to state the following:

I had no credit just one year ago. I am new in the country, came one year ago. So I worked for 8 months and used a secure gold mastercard by putting down the money to build my credit from second month of my entry into the country. Then tried unsecured. They didn't give me even one. Tried again in the last two months. It seems since my last try I have been literally collecting credit cards and laughting at them. I love it. Sometimes I think I should have a collection book. I am exremely good at calculating and carefulness about debt. I have made big purchases of computers, sofas, extra using my cards and paid them off all easily. I realise credit cards can be good and bad, depends on the usage. I even paid a little interested intentionaly on my gold secured card. I will never purchase anything unless I am sure I can pay in few installments.

Now I have two visas with two more on the way and one american express and one mastercard. Total six. Mastercard is locked in my box with a loan which has excellent interest rate of 5% for one year. Easy! Waiting to get my two other visas and then put them aside. Then I will start using them by turns every month one of them. Do you think it's a good idea? To use the cards by turn. I think that way everyone of them will report good about me. I might be leaving my job and going to college soon. I am planning to keep the good payment history for things I want to do after college. Do you agree with me? If you have any advise please tell me? I know that if I want to apply for credit in future more available credit is not good for me. Thanks for the advise that's why I know it. But I am not planning to do so in atleast two years. However I might use my credit card limits to purchase some stuff including my coming marriage in one year. So I feel I shouldn't cancell them.

Thanks. Sorry you must be bored by now, just a long post.

Hameed
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement