UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rem50 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76384  
Subject: AGI Date: 12/29/1999 10:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I presently have a Roth. I will open a rollover IRA for my lump sum and 401k. At first I don't plan to work.
Question: Do dividends, interest and cap gains qualify
as AGI with respect to funding my Roth. I will
be living on my aftertax savings at first to let the
rollover grow, does AGI only mean Salary..Wages? Is there anything I'm missing having both the Rollover
IRA and the Roth? Thank-you
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Bob78164 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17080 of 76384
Subject: Re: AGI Date: 12/29/1999 10:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
rem50 writes (in part):

Do dividends, interest and cap gains qualify as AGI with respect to funding my Roth.

I reply:

Yes and no. You must have earned income (not investment income) to "support" a Roth IRA contribution. But all income (other than income derived from the conversion of a traditional IRA to a Roth) is considered when determining the eligibility ceiling. --Bob

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement