Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So, I have two employers. Employer #1 I work three days a week for and earned $65,100.00 2013. Employer #1 also offers a Safe Harbor type 401k. Unfortunate for me, It's not an option I want to participate in. It offers no investment options, I don't have ANY visibility as to what I am invested in until months later...nor do I have any choices. I get my end of year statement ...in July. I have about 250k in it and stopped funding t mid way through 2012 and funded a ROTH.

Employer #2 is one day a week and I made $15,000.00 in 2013. I am offered no retirement options.

As I stated above..Mid way through last year, I stated funding a ROTH. This year, I am wanting to start funding an IRA again. I am sure I know the answer to this but...My AGI was 65.1k at the employer that offers me the retirement option. Because, (going forward this will again be my coming year AGI) I will be under the required AGI with this employer, can I invest in a traditional IRA AND take the tax credit at the end of the year?

Mostly use ETFs to fund the account with only a couple stock potions.

If not, what are my options?

Thanks Fools

Todd
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement