Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RainyDayWoman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193122  
Subject: Aging Date: 9/1/2007 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
You coast along for several years looking about the same, and then in a year or so you age a lot all at once?

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? Certainly the last year or so was particularly draining, but yikes, I look in the mirror and see ... my grandmother.

RDW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167580 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/1/2007 5:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You coast along for several years looking about the same, and then in a year or so you age a lot all at once?

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? Certainly the last year or so was particularly draining, but yikes, I look in the mirror and see ... my grandmother.

I discussed this very topic with my doc, she of maybe 36 years on this planet. Not so much that I think I look OOOOOoold, but that I no longer look feminine, IMHO. This is tough to stomach when one was told in her youth how photogenic she was. Drugs are the answer according to Doc. "Uh, no thanks," sez I. If hormones are the only way I can get back my girlish femininity, then ChiliSpouse is just gonna have to deal with it.
Not that HE has complained. Just me.

Grump.

Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167581 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/1/2007 5:40 PM
RE: Chili: " Drugs are the answer according to Doc. "

That's what we used to think back in the 60's, when anyone over 30 was "old"!

SB (guesses we were only half right?)

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167584 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/1/2007 8:00 PM

I had some disequilibrium a few months back when I looked in the mirror & saw Mother.

Author: downisland Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167685 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/4/2007 4:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
Kahunacfa, Do you take any vitamins or supplements? What is your diet like? It sounds like you have lots of energy.

Author: cswelch Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167692 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/4/2007 6:52 PM
The quote I best love about aging goes like this:

Author: cswelch Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167693 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/4/2007 6:52 PM

"Fifty is yesterday's thirty." Mary Chapin Carpenter

Cathy "Cat"

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167694 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/4/2007 7:58 PM
Recommendations: 1

"the alternative isn't very appealing."

BTW - welcome to the BBB!

Christina

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167702 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/4/2007 11:10 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First I've ever heard about such a thing.

Howie52
I suggest bourbon on the rocks ......
and repeat until you drop and break that faulty mirror.

BTW: If you get the chance to see a flick called "Mirror Mask"
try it out ---- an interesting film.

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167755 of 193122
Subject: Re: Aging Date: 9/5/2007 8:53 PM

"Fifty is yesterday's thirty." Mary Chapin Carpenter

Cathy "Cat"

"Age improves with wine."

And welcome.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement