UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (114) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: VUCommodore Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58820  
Subject: Re: Christianized Medicine Date: 7/25/2007 10:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Agreed that the prohibition against dancing is a silly rule. I'm not sure that it comes from where you say it does, but I don't see any biblical reason that dancing is wrong.

All religion is clearly not about "suffering" and "enduring"; for one thing, there's clearly a good amount of joy:

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, Philippians 1:18

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

This is not to say that there is no patience or suffering, in fact the Bible says to expect it. It is a typical mischaracterization (by both believers and non-believers) to say that religion is all about suffering, or to say that there is no suffering at all (the prosperity doctrine, etc). The truth is somewhere in the middle.

About the commandments -- Exodus 20 and Exodus 34 have two different sets. But they don't disagree with eachother, they compliment eachother.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (114) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement