UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hudson12 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: agressive equity fund choices Date: 1/9/2000 10:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To; motley Fool's retirement site author
Re: Vanguard funds
In a recent column you said you opened an IRA with Vanguard. I have had good luck with Prime Cap and Health- specialized- for my daughter who is 25.
What were your Vanguard choices?
Janus Funds also have low cost equity funds but when you use Vnaguard's cost comparison charts- over the long haul- Vanguard always yields more with less cost- There is a fallacy here someplace with these calculations- Do you know what it is?
Thank you
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17573 of 76237
Subject: Re: agressive equity fund choices Date: 1/9/2000 12:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Hudson12, and welcome. You asked:

<<In a recent column you said you opened an IRA with Vanguard. I have had good luck with Prime Cap and Health- specialized- for my daughter who is 25.
What were your Vanguard choices? >>

You'll find them listed in the very first column announcing the Retiree Portfolios at http://www.fool.com/specials/1999/sp991206retireports.htm. As to why these were purchased, see the side piece at http://www.fool.com/retirement/bonds/bonds01.htm.

<<Janus Funds also have low cost equity funds but when you use Vnaguard's cost comparison charts- over the long haul- Vanguard always yields more with less cost- There is a fallacy here someplace with these calculations- Do you know what it is?>>

I don't know what funds you're comparing, but the easy answer is Janus has higher expenses than Vanguard.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement