UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pat4Ra One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1202  
Subject: AIB Date: 9/28/2010 1:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What is the chance that AIB, IRE (Bank of Ireland) go under? Investors have weathered volatility for several months now and perhaps for many more months going forward. Citi did not go under because it was too big to fail. How important are AIB and IRE within the Irish economy and what kind of pressure Ireland can expect to allow these banks to fail from EU and factors outside EU? If there is no chance for the banks to fail than would it not be a buy? Could be a multi-bagger. Just asking!

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: brigidl Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1182 of 1202
Subject: Re: AIB Date: 9/30/2010 9:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Pat,
I will draw a clear distinction between BOI and AIB. Just this morning there is speculation that the gov. will own 90% of AIB. so if this is the case then it won't go under. Is it a buy?.. not at 44 cent. Can I value it?.. no way.
BOI seems to be more clearcut with the Gov. holding 35% and the recapitalisation job done / nearly done with the rights issue.I think BOI is near to its floor but I don't see any multibagger prospect on the horizon.

AIB is are a recipe for losing money and many investors will agree. Since its almost impossible to value due to the unknowns I'd stay well away.frank

Author: Pat4Ra One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1183 of 1202
Subject: Re: AIB Date: 9/30/2010 3:31 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Frank. As you already know AIB new shares issue would be @ Euro 0.5. The current price is higher than the new issue price.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement