UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FolacinTheAcidic Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1718  
Subject: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 12:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I kind of got slapped down the last time I posted here, but I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Bought four non-refundable tickets to BWI on the way to Bethany Beach. Wife decided that driving across the Bay Bridge at night was too dangerous, so had to rebook the tickets so as to get in earlier and be able to drive in the daylight.

Joe
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1695 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Wife decided that driving across the Bay Bridge at night was too dangerous

Are there monsters on it at night or something?

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1696 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 1:36 PM
Are there monsters on it at night or something?

Once the dew falls it's a little too slippery to take the Competizione over 110mph.

Author: TMFVenus Big gold star, 5000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1697 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 2:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hi Joe!

Bought four non-refundable tickets to BWI on the way to Bethany Beach. Wife decided that driving across the Bay Bridge at night was too dangerous, so had to rebook the tickets so as to get in earlier and be able to drive in the daylight.

Hmmm...another choice may have been to keep the tickets, and spend the night pampering yourself in a four star hotel or spa. Then you could drive over the bridge the next afternoon. Much more fun than rebooking a ticket. : )

Regards,

Barbara Eisner Bayer
TMF Venus

Author: FolacinTheAcidic Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1698 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 2:23 PM
That could have worked - but we were already 2 days late for the rental (slipping a little there, last time we only made three days of the vacation week intead of this year's five), and the boys were anxious to see their cousins.

Joe

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1699 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 3:12 PM
Recommendations: 2

You do have the hang of it - you could have driven up and over to get to the Delmarva Penisula but that involves another shorter bridge and would only have cost additional gas.

Be sure to speed through Ellendale, DE to help with their revenue ehancement program :)

rad

P.S.

Author: crackdclaw Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1700 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 9:39 PM
Recommendations: 1
That could have worked - but we were already 2 days late for the rental (slipping a little there, last time we only made three days of the vacation week intead of this year's five)

You know how to travel and I like your style. I've paid in advance for a bed and breakfast that required a minimum of two nights, knowing that my travel plans only allowed for a stay of one night. Hope you enjoy your 5 night weekly rental.

When in Bethany stop by Mickeys for the blue crabs. Last I heard jumbos were about $95 a dozen. But I rarely pay retail anymore, I took out a 15 year loan on a boat and I'm now able to catch my own bluecrabs and have a 'free' dinner.

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1701 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/28/2008 10:53 PM
But I rarely pay retail anymore, I took out a 15 year loan on a boat and I'm now able to catch my own bluecrabs and have a 'free' dinner.

Especially now that they're practically giving gasoline away.

Author: mickaelangelo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1702 of 1718
Subject: Re: Airline tickets Date: 7/29/2008 4:11 PM
Especially now that they're practically giving gasoline away.

And I couldn't be happier....keeps the hoi-polloi away from the pumps.

mick

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement