UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: TexasSue Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308885  
Subject: Re: Poll: Help me figure it out Date: 12/29/2013 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
AJ

the 125 is after tax.. I don't want to go to prison.. first things first

20K should be enough coupled with the private unemployement insurance I purchased should something go amiss.

Rental property is like 1/4 a mile from my primary residence in a desireable neighborhood. .

Rental nets me like 60$ month positive cash flow plus a tax break .. if I refi'd I could get a more positive cash flow.. but then I am trying I think to get the most bang for my buck .. I just want to win the lottery . but then again doesn't everyone.

My husband has been gone for a little less than 1/2 a year .. I feel like holding on to anything out side of 20K is a waste.. and it should be invested .. otherwise I am doing no more than putting it in a hole in the ground.. and tht is a losing strategy .. I detest CDs, and getting .5 % in a savings account while they loan out my money to others .. is also a waste.

Apparently I am attached to owning property .. am having a hard time of letting it go based on the dallas housing market.. and the exponential growth.. I think it is a good long term investment..

> > the other crazy thought I had was to sell everything both houses.. take the cash and buy a foreclosure at auction that is coming up.

or

>> sell everything and move into his travel trailer.. Sometimes I think I am a simple person.. and don't need all the stuff I seem to have acquired..
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement