UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58870  
Subject: Albino Humpback Whale: Migaloo, White Whale Date: 9/29/2012 2:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/albino-humpback-wha...
Albino Humpback Whale: Migaloo, White Whale, Spotted Off Australian Coast (VIDEO)
<snip>
A whale believed to be Migaloo, a rare all-white humpback, recently made an appearance off the coast of Australia, CNN reports.
It is the third time the whale, whose name is aboriginal for "white fella," has been spotted this year, according to a wire report from Seven Networks and CNN.
The BBC notes that before Migaloo was seen in 1991, no other all-white humpback whales had ever been spotted.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45653 of 58870
Subject: Re: Albino Humpback Whale: Migaloo, White Whale Date: 9/29/2012 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I saw a picture online recently of an all white Orca. It was beautiful. I guess being all white isn't quite as debilitating or pathological in the ocean if you are a large animal as it is say for an all white alligator - which when they are young are prey to many different species of animals. Being all white makes them conspiculous which when you are little, tender, and tasty isn't a good thing.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dailypicksandflic...

Art

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45655 of 58870
Subject: Re: Albino Humpback Whale: Migaloo, White Whale Date: 9/29/2012 4:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
Albino Humpback Whale

Cap'n Ahab, thar she blows!

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45659 of 58870
Subject: Re: Albino Humpback Whale: Migaloo, White Whale Date: 9/30/2012 1:06 AM
Recommendations: 0
<< which when they are young are prey to many different species of animals. Being all white makes them conspiculous which when you are little, tender, and tasty isn't a good thing. >>

I'm guessing sunburn on your back would be a very bad thing for that whale.

Seattle Pioneer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement