Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-stores-suffer-from-cust...
•Customers can't stop complaining about Apple Stores.
•Long wait times, overcrowding, and awkward customer-service interactions are turning shoppers against Apple.
•Apple is redesigning stores as customers compare current locations to the dreaded DMV.

Apple Stores have become an almost mythical part of the tech giant's brand. Now, they could be killing it.

Paraphrasing the great Yogi Beta, nobody goes to Apple Stores because they're too crowded.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bah, Humbug!

I would suspect they may need more stores, get them away from the urban areas a bit, out where there is parking, access. I go to one a few miles further because of parking headaches locally, but haven't ever had an issue with appointments... Maybe more of a bigger city problem.

They are busy, across the way a Microsoft Store is empty, that has to eat at those poor M$ employees..

But I guess DW's 27" iMac has been the only hardware where I had to bring it in, else it was just buying a new one online, and picking it up at the Store, blink, done & gone..
No. of Recommendations: 10
My personal experience is when you know what you want to buy, it’s pretty fast. Doesn’t matter if it’s something small or a 27” iMac, service is generally good and fast.

If you need a repair however, it’s a totally different story. For things like repairing an iPhone screen, it’s a horrible process. You first wait half an hour to an hour for someone to become available to “assess your needs”. The person then tells you you need a screen repair (well, duhh), and you need to reserve a slot that is only available a few hours out.

Fortunately there exist repair shops that fix your screen in 15-30 min for half the price.

I think Apple could use some sort of repair franchise.

Mark
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ahh, I've never broken a screen on the old iPod Touch, in fact I just recharged it yesterday, still holds a charge, but no apps are available, or updates, to all the various iPhones... minimal cases, a few slips but no damage and were all hardwood & tile flooring here.. Maybe just jinxed myself, but anyway, no fixits... I did replace the battery in DW's earlier, pre-touch iPod, but all have been pretty durable... I don't use front covers either, don't see the need..

So all my trips were bigger machines.. Mac Pro, ordered, replaced via FedEx, or my own internal repairs... Just the iMac is too intimidating to open up myself... Store replaced a HD a couple times..
No. of Recommendations: 3
Given the surveys I get after every Apple Store visit, I am sure if there is a problem that Apple does not need Business Insider to collect tweets and write a report.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Given the surveys I get after every Apple Store visit, I am sure if there is a problem that Apple does not need Business Insider to collect tweets and write a report.

Keep in mind, most people know those surveys are specific to the rep that helped you and has nothing to do with the store per se, so if you send in a bad review, it's only impact is on the nice person that helped you.

We have 5 stores in the metro Atlanta area, and they are ALL always packed. I've had times that I tried to set a GB appointment at ANY of them, and the soonest appointment was 3 days out. It seems all the stores need more room.

Apple is now allowing Best Buy to handle warranty service on iPhones. The GB certainly needs the help somewhere.

Kathleen
Advertisement