UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8883  
Subject: All these payouts Date: 11/28/2012 3:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
About 10 days ago, Arden Group (ARDNA) announced a special dividend of $20/sh to
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/arden-group-inc-announces-spec...

Costco just announced a special dividend
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-pay-7-special-dividend-...

On Monday, Seadrill (SDRL) announced Q3 results and said they would combine Q3 and Q4 dividend
and the amount would be paid before the end of the year.

I think someone mentioned Sturm, Ruger (RGR) in another thread.

I'm sure more will follow.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: haywool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7693 of 8883
Subject: Re: All these payouts Date: 11/29/2012 7:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey hum !

My question is ... why? are they shedding all this money now?

Any ideas? (of course you do) It must be more than just "year end".

Thanx,
Rich (haywool)

Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7695 of 8883
Subject: Re: All these payouts Date: 11/29/2012 10:39 AM

If there's no compromise in Congress by year end the country will go over the proverbial fiscal cliff. In which case tax rates will automatically increase pretty much across the board. Individuals will be paying more taxes on money accrued in 2013 than in 2012.

kelbon

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7696 of 8883
Subject: Re: All these payouts Date: 11/29/2012 10:52 AM
Hey hum !

Seadrill indicated they did it for the benefit of US shareholders- that whole "fiscal cliff" thing.

Being consistent, two other companies with major Fredriksen stakes, Golar LNG (GLNG) and Ship Finance
Intl (SFL), have followed suit and combined their respective Q3 and Q4 dividends into one payout in 2012.

Author: spankyone Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7697 of 8883
Subject: Re: All these payouts Date: 11/29/2012 8:04 PM
Recommendations: 3

If there's no compromise in Congress by year end the country will go over the proverbial fiscal cliff. In which case tax rates will automatically increase pretty much across the board. Individuals will be paying more taxes on money accrued in 2013 than in 2012.

Won't happen.
If we go over the cliff, our congressional representative's minds will become "wonderfully concentrated".

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement