Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
All these starting numbers were adjusted by increasing 3% each year for 25 years. The effective tax rates were then calculated for years 1 through 25. I used the year 2000 tax rates.

Did you also adjust the tax rates for inflation? Without doing so you overstate the effective tax rate. (Year 2001 tax rates are already established. You can find them on the 2001 Form 1040-ES.)

Phil Marti
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.