Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cheerful Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121150  
Subject: Allocation in joint account Date: 1/13/2000 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a joint account and I must file tax return separately. When I read IRS pub 550, it says allocation of dividend and capital gains to each party is up to the state law. I am in New York state. Can anyone tell me where I can find the information? Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25034 of 121150
Subject: Re: Allocation in joint account Date: 1/14/2000 4:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I have a joint account and I must file tax return separately.>>

OK...

<< When I read IRS pub 550, it says allocation of dividend and capital gains to each party is up to the state law. I am in New York state. Can anyone tell me where I can find the information?>>

Oops...sorry...I'm a west coast kinda guy. Your best shot would likely be the revenue department folks in Albany.

Other than that, I would have no idea. Sorry...
TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement