Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Sulla Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25  
Subject: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 11/10/1999 1:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I picked up this stock about a year ago when I saw the CEO, a woman, interviewed on Nightly Business Report. She was level headed with a clear vision and made me a believer. I currently work for a company that gave me access to a catalogue of Brady's products. It's completely boring and totally practical. They tag everything, from heavy power tools to the insulation on thin wire. I don't know any other company doing what Brady does. They plod along and have not had a bad quarter since creation.
I think this is a "slow and steady" company, one that I intend to hold during the coming "crash".
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kindcapitalist One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 11/12/1999 12:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am so pleased that someone else is interested in this company. I have held the stock for 2 years, ever since I heard the CEO speak at a Harvard Business School meeting. I agree that she was gracious, level headed, and had a style of management that was impressive. The company is a slow and steady earner. Sometimes it is up more, and then I get urges to sell. I am relatively undiversified, so this is my diversity.

Thanks for posting the message.

Author: Sulla Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 11/17/1999 4:12 PM
Plus which, there's MORE:
Katherine Hudson (our favorite CEO of this understated company) was with Clinton's recent China commission. Brady has a large factory in China. I'm ashamed to admit that I do not remember the name of the city where this factory is.
This lady could put Milwaukee on the map.

Author: kindcapitalist One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 11/18/1999 1:41 PM
BRC is going up again. Perhaps you are right about this lady putting Milwaukee on the map. She apparently had a great deal of vision at EK. She probably had to go some to take change of this male dominated, conservative company. I belong to an investment club, and I did a Stock Selection Guide on BRC 2 years ago. I think it would be interesting to update it given the latest figures on earnings, dividend increases, expansion, etc.
Do you think there will ever be more than the two of us on this board?

Author: Sulla Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 11/18/1999 6:32 PM
A few enlightened souls might join us. Honestly though, there isn't a lot to say about a company that has it's collective act together, makes lots of money in a legitimate fashion, and moves forward in a slow and steady manner. I say, let the people at Amazon.com, Ebay, et. al. rant and rave and carry on. When the dust settles, they will have ulcers, and you and I will have our retirement funds.
Living well is the best revenge.

Author: Murfee Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 12/11/1999 2:28 PM
Well what do you know....I turn my back for a few month and several post have appeared. Hey it's nice to see people investing in Brady. I am actually bias because I work for the company. Brady is a great company heading in a positive direction. I do not think you will be dissapointed in future results.

Author: Sulla Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 12/16/1999 11:56 PM
I work for a company that uses Brady products, if somewhat indirectly. In the small scrounging around I've done, I can't find any serious competitors. Aren't you people scared that the DOJ, lawyers now free from battle with Microsoft, will look into the dangers of monopolistic circuit board bar-coding?

Author: Murfee Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 25
Subject: Re: Alone in the Wilderness? Date: 12/19/1999 6:09 PM
As for the next few years Brady does has some competition - and speaking from a sales representative perspective - they can be very annoying. The one nice thing Brady has alway strived for is to create the highest quality products in the industry. This seems to be well known and appreciated, but some companies will purchase on price. As for the DOJ, that sure would make it interesting - but it's atleast a few years away.

Murfee

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement